11.12.2016

Sew Saturday ~ Seriously

Hello quilting friends, it has been a loooooooong time since I shared what's been going on in my stamp room.  Like, seriously, a long time.  I went back to look at the last thing I had shared with you and it was from May!  What?!  In the summer I don't sew as much and my Fall has been slammed with travel, family "stuff" and work, but I had no idea that it has been almost 6 months since I posted a Sew Saturday.  Time to get caught up here on the blog.  I'll go back to May and share what was going on in my stamp room.

Here was my design wall.  On the far left is my son Michael's quilt.  It hasn't gotten very far.  :( Beside those is a small 4 patch I'll be sharing next week.  ;)  After that is a batch of blocks I got at a recent charity sew-in for our guild.  Someone donated the blocks and I took them to try and make a quilt out of it to donate through our guild.  Finally, on the far right, is the Christmas quilt I started a couple of Christmases ago.  It has been sloooooooow progress on this quilt, but I am in the final stretch.  Of course that means I have all the difficult blocks left to do.  LOL


On to Grandma's quilt.  After visiting her in March and showing her the completed top I came home to quilt the top.



I quilted around each of the petals, and stopped to decide I wanted to fill in with another pattern, a repeating pattern of the petals, or leave it as it is and work on the border.


Just in case you missed my previous post, here is grandma with her quilt top.  I wanted to be sure it was long enough to cover her.  Grandma lives 650 miles away from me, so I wasn't sure if I would need to send the quilt or be able to hand deliver it.  It was wonderful to see her reaction.  She didn't want me to take it back with me, but I finally convinced her I would make it warmer for her and bring it back.  :) 



No comments: