7.13.2016

SOA Lovely Notes Butterfly Meadow

The challenge today over at StampNation is to create a card inspired by a Beautiful Meadow.  Obviously I chose flora, fauna and butterflies for my card.  Here is a sneak peek showing how I partially die cut the tag and the fussy cut around my butterfly for my design team card.  I used glossy accents over the butterfly to add a touch of dimension and shine.



I couldn't stop at just one card though.  I wanted to see how the butterfly would look of vellum, so I stamped him again and embossed with some cool glitter, then I turned him over and colored him with Zig clean color real brush markers.  In case you are wondering about those boxes of color on my tag, I got them by inking up 3 sizes of clear blocks with different shades of ink and then using the block as my stamp.  Then I used the same color ink for each box to stamp out some of the leaves and stems.  Each box is stamped in a slightly different way that is difficult to see in the pictures. 



For my sentiment on this card I triple stamped the thank you.  Don't you just love the font on this stamp?!   For the bottom of my tag I stamped out the little leaves in Bermuda Bay ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock and then die cut them out using the Lovely Flowers and Banners Dies.  While I was at the big shot I also cut the scallop strip die and used all 3 elements as an "anchor" for the bottom of my tag.


The background also used Bermuda Bay ink & paper.  It was stamped with the Lovely Lattice background stamp.  This stamp is going to see a lot of use on my cards.  It's the perfect backdrop for both feminine and masculine cards.

Stamps: Butterfly Notes, Lovely Flowers, Lovely Lattice (Catherine Pooler Designs for Stamp of Approval Lovely Notes)
Ink: 033 (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker) Mint Julep (Hero Arts Shadow) Ocean Drive (Wplus9) Mermaid (Lawn Fawn) Bermuda Bay (SU) Versamark
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Under the Sea Embossing Glitter (WOW)

No comments: