4.15.2016

From Quilts to Cards

Many of you know I am both a quilter and a card maker.  I typically share my quilts on my blog on the weekends and cards during the week days.  What you may not know is I use what I learn from both mediums often cross-over in my designs.  Clean and Simple cardmaking has translated well into Modern Quilting.
Recently Catherine Pooler challenged me to make a quilt card. I LOVE when my "two worlds" collide!  Of course I took her up on the challenge, and suddenly  my mojo was flowing fast & furious! A good challenge will do that.

At first I was going to just make a card using the flying geese pattern, but as I read some of the comments under her post I realized that people had questions about design and I had the answer because of my quilting experience.  Today is my day to teach in the StampNation classroom, so I decided to film a video on Color Theory, Contrast and Design.  It ended up being a long video, and it got me to thinking.  Is this something YOU, my blog reader, would be interested in?  Would you like to see a video series on how quilting and card making over lap for me?  Would you like quilting design tips that you could apply to your cardmaking and vice versa?  Please let me know in the comments below, and share any other questions you have below that you would like me to answer.


Here is a peek at the cards I made with the tips I shared.  You can see both videos and full cards HERE if you are a StampNation member.

9 Patch
Flying Geese

Flying Dutchman




3 comments:

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I would totally be interested! Several of the ladies in my card club are also quilters so they would love incorporating their love of quilting into Cardmaking! Love your cards using your quilt patterns!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I'd love to see how they cross over for you, and what you take away from one to use in the other. Those are great card peeks, thanks!

trudie said...

I, too, am a quilter and card maker. I would love to see/hear what you have to share! Thanks