3.02.2016

Brighter Days in Black or White

This week's challenge at StampNation had the design team in a tizzy.  Why?  I challenged everyone to choose between black & white.  They could use one color but not the other.  Many of us use white card bases and black ink.  It was a stretch to go without one of them, but the design team pushed through and came out with some amazing-ness to inspire you.  Here's a sneak peek of my card.


In the picture it looks like I broke the rules, but in reality I used a dark purple for my contrast.  :)  The funniest thing about this challenge is that I didn't mean for it to be difficult.  When I started stamping, I rarely used black ink and I used colorful cardstock for my base instead of white.  I thought it might be fun to go back to that.  Apparently it is hard to get out of a deep groove.  lol
I hope you will join in the challenge.  StampNation members can view the challenge here clicky.  If you are not a member and are interested in learning more CLICKY


Stamps: April Showers (Clearly Besotted) Young at Heart (CAS-ual Fridays for SOA) 
Ink: Dusty Concord, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves (Distress) Pacific Point, Perfect Plum (Stampin' Up) Versamark
Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White (SU) Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz)
Accessories: Birthday Journal Tag (Sugar Pea Designs for SOA) Metallic Platinum Sparkle Embossing Powder (WOW) Twinkle Dots (Queen & Co.) Purple & White Twine

No comments: