2.26.2016

Pretty Poppies are Rocking and Rolling ~ Video

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here in the Pacific Northwest.  The mountain (Mt. Rainier) was out in all her glory.  I even had the windows rolled down as I drove home.  For those who don't live here, let me tell you, the mountain hides in all the rain we get, but when the sun comes out we get to behold her around in all her glory.   I was driving up to Puyallup for the Sew Expo and got glimpes of her all the way there and back.  I wish someone else had been driving so I could take a better picture, but I was on a mission and traffic was bad.  I got these shots at the gas station somewhere near Tacoma.



Yesterday's weather reminded me of springtime in California, where I was born and raised.  Did you know the golden poppy is California's state flower?  I loved seeing them bloom along the side of the highway.  Such a delicate pretty wildflower.  Now whenever I see a poppy I think of my CA home.  Ally probably didn't know that they held such a special place in my heart when she sent me this stamp set.  Thank you, Ally



This basic card design can be easily tweeked to make a collection of cards perfect for gift giving.  Here is a video showing you how I conquered (sort-of) the rock-n-roll technique.



My poppies today turned out a bit more red than the bright orange I am used to, but I still like them.







Stamps: Pretty Poppies (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Watermelon Wonder (Stampin' Up) Onyx Black (Versafine)
Paper: Painted Prints Smitten (My Favorite Things) Whisper White (SU)
Accesories: Birthday Journal Die (Sugar Pea Designs for SOA Young at Heart Collection)


4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are lovely! Wonderful cards!

Kristie Goulet said...

Your cards and photos are just gorgeous, Heather! Thanks for sharing Mt. Rainier with everyone, especially ME! ♥

HJ said...

Beautiful cards. Little boo-boos happen to all of us and you covered yours so well!! Thanks for the great video. I had my first birthday while living in Tacoma but have been an East Coaster ever since. Thanks for sharing that awesome picture of Mt. Rainier.

Shirley said...

Great video. Beautiful cards. In addition, love your pictures of Mt. Rainier. I was born in Spokane (live in Georgia) and really miss the beautiful Northwest.