1.05.2016

Sew Tuesday ~ OMG Challenge

Normally I post my sewing stuff on the weekends, but I just had to slip in another post to let you know of a new challenge that has spun off from the A Lovely Year of Finishes challenge.  It was created by Heidi of Red Letter Quilts misses ALYOF as much as the rest of us and decided to pick up the torch and start a new challenge to help all of us reach our sewing goals.  

The challenge is called One Monthly Goal or OMG for shot.  (I like her already, don't you?)   Link up with your goal the first 7 days of the month, then link your finish at the end of the month.

grab button for RedLetterQuilts


My overall quilting goal for 2016 is to get my design wall projects made into quilt tops.  (at the very least)  I currently have 3 quilts going on this wall.  At the very top is a quilt of the month applique that I joined 2 years ago.  This is the one I am hoping to finish first, so that I can actually hang it on the wall or use it next Christmas.   I have 6 blocks that are at or near completion, and 3 more blocks to do before I can trim them all up and sew them together.


Those cute little x squares (in progress) were started for my younger son's quilt.  He has been so patient waiting for me to get it done.  My plan was to complete it in the Fall, but I got news that my brother's fiance was going to have a baby, so I put his quilt on hold in order to make a baby quilt for my niece's arrival.

The squares in the middle/bottom are for our guild's QAL.  To stay on schedule we are supposed to have all our blocks done by our September meeting.  Everyone who has a completed quilt by our December meeting will also get a special prize.  That is why I am making my goal this month to get back on track with my QAL blocks.  I didn't reach my goal last month, so it is rolling over to this month.  I need to complete 9 blocks in order to be on schedule and I now have 6 done.  If I get done early I will start on the next 2 for February.

In addition to this I also want to:
-make a lap quilt for my grandma
-participate in the Art's Walk Challenge
-quilt 3 quilt tops


Now I need to figure out how to add a button to my sidebar again. :)  I hope to see all my quilting friends on this new challenge blog.  

2 comments:

Heidi said...

So glad you linked up Heather! I look forward to seeing more of all three of those projects, but I will be patient! I really love the blue colors you are using so I am glad we get to see more of this first for One Monthly Goal. Thanks for linking up:)

Anonymous said...

What a great-looking design wall, and I like what's on it, too. Eclectic.