7.06.2014

Sew Saturday on Sunday

My post didn't go up yesterday, but it was for a very good reason.  Yesterday my sweet husband took me out to dinner.  He said he was in the mood for a clam chowder bowl, so he took me to the ocean.  I love that man!  He knows just what I need and it is usually to stand and gaze at the ocean.  

My star block for the Nasa project is completed.  I like how it turned out.  Playing with design is one of the things I love most about modern quilting.  It has given me such freedom.


This month I will be working with the Michael Miller fabric challenge our South Sound Modern Quilt Guild is taking part in.  These are not colors I would have chosen, so it should be interesting to see if I like the final project.  My goal this month is to complete the quilt top.  Ideally I will finish the entire quilt by July 25th, when the challenge is due, but realistically I am setting my goal for the top to be done.  It's been a crazy few months and I just don't know if I will have the time to sew like I want to.

ALYoF2014
ALYOF July Goals
What are your goals this month?  Do you find it harder to sew in the summer too?  Click on the picture above to see the goals that Shanna, Melissa and others have set.   They have some good ideas for these busy months.

No comments: