11.20.2013

Warm Wishes On A Frosty Morning

This morning when I took my son to Jazz band practice the car thermometer read 26 degrees.  burrr   The grass and mailbox and lamposts were covered in glittery crystals of ice.   My card today has some sparkle to it as well.


Inspiration for this card came from this week's  Mojo Monday sketch.


This card was a fun experiment with White Craft ink.  Let me tell you some things I learned:

1. It takes a looooooooooooong time to dry, even with the heat tool.
2. It dries lighter than it looks when it is applied.
3. You can emboss with it. 


My snowman was so light that I had I had to pour some white embossing powder over him and emboss it.  That worked pretty well though.  Unfortunately when I tried stamping his face over the embossed image the colors didn't show like I wanted them to.  My solution was to dust off those bottles of stickles on my shelves and give him some sparkly color.  While I was at it I added some Diamond Dust stickles to the swirls of snow and snowflakes.

Such a fun card to make and display.  This is card #13 made for this year.  I better get cracking if I am going to make 40 Christmas cards before Thanksgiving.  :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe: (all items Stampin' UP! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Snow Day
Ink: White Craft Ink, Gumball Green, Black Staz-On
Paper: Gumball Green, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie (carrot nose), White Shimmer
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Stickles (various colors), White Taffeta Ribbon

P.S.  Today begins the BIG holiday sale at SU!  Click HERE to go shopping!  :)

P.P.S.  If you are looking for the newest StampNation design team reveal click HERE or scroll down to the next post.  ;)
Snow Day Clear-mount Stamp Set
Snow Day

Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Ink

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card! I may have to pruchase this set.

Heather North said...

Thanks, Sherry, I wasn't sure about buying this stamp set, but it's so much FUN to play with. This set would be great for OWH cards for next year because it isn't Christmas specific.